I tried sending a message to a chat lady called Potato.  I was informed that I had to be a Premium member to do this.  This is my first try at sending anything so whats up with that?  What about the 5 free ones?
The "5 Free Ones" refers to forum posts. If you want to send a message to a member as a basic account holder then either you, the recipient or both must be a Premium member.

Here it is from the 50plus Help section:

" Are there any membership fees involved?

Our Basic Membership is free of charge. There are no fees involved unless you decide to upgrade to a Premium Membership. As a Basic Member you can contact Premium Members (with a "premium" badge) and reply to incoming messages. You can also send "send a smile" to all members, use the chat and post in the various forums (limit 5 posts per day). For unlimited access (contacts) a Premium Membership is required.

What are the benefits of a Premium Membership?

As a Premium Member, you have unlimited access and the following benefits:

» Up to 35x more contact requests (Premium Members are always listed at the top - and
get much more attention from other members)!
» Unlimited contact access: You can contact everyone.
» Everyone can contact you.
» Always see who has viewed your profile.
» Use the private chat (an instant messaging feature).
» Send private messages in the public chat.
» Use the expanded search feature.
» Write in other members's guest books.
» Send messages to multiple recipients.

Hope this helps! :)

-DaddyFish
KentAllard wrote: "...May I ask, is it that you are not fully aware of badoo.com, or is it that here your interests conflict with an honest assessment of other websites (i. e., You've received payback for your support at 50plus.).

You see the way it works in a competitive environment is that if you find a better deal elsewhere, eventually others will have to match it or lose market share.

Not only does badoo offer much greater messaging capabilities, it also offers features like contacting those who have viewed your profile. The fact that your able to message allows you to opt out of badoo completely by sharing private email addresses, which are set up specifically for friendship/relationship purposes. The warnings about doing this are highly overstated if these are disposable accounts if something should occur. Or course the warnings are mostly to keep you from opting out of the website.

By the way, as I was about to send off this message a 50plus popup advised me to become Premium so I could view the profiles of unknowns that had expressed an interest in me. That is NOT required on badoo. I just checked to make sure I was telling you the truth. The unknowns are identified on badoo.

I just went to Badoo and signed up using only the initial form...which required my name, birth date and location. No username/nickname was required. Nor did I offer any information about my likes, hobbies, personality traits, etc... that would help in a matchmaking process.

Yet, they found 5 matches for me already! And I *JUST* joined!

Oh, come on...Really? 5 matches? How could they possibly find 5 quality matches for me when they know nothing more about me than my real name, birthday and location?

Even better, one of the profile pics fpr me was a well-known model and was obviously pulled from the web. I did a goggle reverse image search and found her pics all over the place. Somehow I doubt she is some perfect match for me. Badoo is just another dating site posting "fake" members pictures to entice you to pay for more.

Here is a screeshot of my "matches"...

I did an image search on the last one in line...

http://tinyurl.com/nsezhnf

That's enough for me as this is just another dating site geared towards making money from younger people and is an obvious "no thanks" for me since they are just grabbing photos from the web and leading you to believe they are real members. I'll stay with 50plus, TYVM.

But, since you seem to like it so much, maybe it's better suited for you than 50plus is.

:roll:
It amazing how different sites try to get you to buy a membership, I tried that site Widow or Widower, they boombarded your inbox with stuff like " here someone that view your profile, so I click on it and they wouldn't allow me to view profile unless I am a paid member. The images was pixelize real good, can't tell if it is a person or a gorilla lol.

Iike what I said before on one of the thread, to each to their own.
How can I find out what 50+ charges for premium membership. It looks to me that they are running a scam by hiding the charges and then billing credit cards for unauthorized amounts. Happening to me right now when I tried to renew for just one month and they hit me for 7 months.
stardaisy wrote: It amazing how different sites try to get you to buy a membership, I tried that site Widow or Widower, they boombarded your inbox with stuff like " here someone that view your profile, so I click on it and they wouldn't allow me to view profile unless I am a paid member. The images was pixelize real good, can't tell if it is a person or a gorilla lol.

Iike what I said before on one of the thread, to each to their own.

That's what 50+ is apparently trying to pull.
DaddyFish wrote: The "5 Free Ones" refers to forum posts. If you want to send a message to a member as a basic account holder then either you, the recipient or both must be a Premium member.

Our Basic Membership is free of charge. There are no fees involved unless you decide to upgrade to a Premium Membership. As a Basic Member you can contact Premium Members (with a "premium" badge) and reply to incoming messages. You can also send "send a smile" to all members, use the chat and post in the various forums (limit 5 posts per day). For unlimited access (contacts) a Premium Membership is required.

» Up to 35x more contact requests (Premium Members are always listed at the top - and

-DaddyFish

Not a lot. It doesn't say how much for this so-called Premium service.
Jim_Dandy wrote:
DaddyFish wrote: The "5 Free Ones" refers to forum posts. If you want to send a message to a member as a basic account holder then either you, the recipient or both must be a Premium member.

-DaddyFish

Not a lot. It doesn't say how much for this so-called Premium service.

You are sharing a post from 2014. If you want to know the benefits, look at "Service" at the top of your home page and click on "Help & Contact". If you want to know the cost of a Premium membership then look under "My profile" and the sub heading "Premium membership". If you have any other queries then please ask. I am always happy to help.
stardaisy wrote: You don't need to be a prem member to chat in the chat room, give it a whirl :D

but chatters are few and far between