I am having an emotional moment because I was thinking about struggles of being a single mom.  I am thankful to GOD because my daughter is graduating May 9, 2015 with a degree in Spanish Literature & History.  She has received employment in  Maryland in community development which will be paying for her Master's Degree. By America statistics,  my daughter should be uneducated, unwed mother because of her ethnic group.  I do not allow the world to define me nor my child because intellect has nothing to do with race, gender or economic. As a parent it was my responsibility to plant the vision, purpose, character, self respect, power,and cultivate the garden in my daughter's life.  I am thankful to GOD because there were moments I did not know how I was going to make it. Many times I went to the pond to pray to GOD to guide, direct, and provide.  

"Do not call for black power or green power. Call for brain power." - Barbara Jordan

"Whatever we believe about ourselves and our ability comes true for us." - Susan L. Taylor, journalist

"Just don’t give up what you’re trying to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong." - Ella Fitzgerald

. "Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: The potential for greatness lives within each of us." - Wilma Rudolph
true words...and a proud mama.....the love a parent has for a child can never be underestimated.....
Hi,you sound like a very proud mother, and you should be. you have done a good job raising your daughter by yourself. Zoejo summed it up very well. 
I agree with both ladies, I also don't judge disability either and those who have a child with disability and made it through higher education should be proud as well. :D