Hi Grumpy.  Your pics are wonderful.  Thank you to share the link.  :)
Chokko wrote: Hi Grumpy.  Your pics are wonderful.  Thank you to share the link.  :)

Hello,
Thanks for the kind words but somehow I feel you missed the links at the bottom of the page to all the photos. Unless that is you are talking about the photos in my gallery and are just thanking me for posting the link.

Hangs head in shame - so confused
Hi Grumpy.  I looked at your photos of Canada in your web site and also your photos in your gallery.  They are all wonderful.  Thank you to share all these photos.   I am a French speaker, so my English writing is not always good, sorry,    :)
I love National Geographic magazine photos......Tuna Tornado is absolutely stunning!

Hi

As a creative dyslexic I enjoy all forms of creative expression including still photography 8)

Postman wrote: Hi. Just wondered if we had any budding photographers in the house at all ?. I'm by no means anywhere near a professional, just more in the experimental stage really. I began many years ago, with an old, very cheap Practika 35ml, with various filters, and vowed that i would never be persuaded to 'move with the times', and go digital. However, once i caught a glimpse of what could be achieved with these modern cameras, i'm afraid the temptation was too great. I have quite a few programmes on my laptop that allows me to 'tinker' here and there. I prefer landscape pictures along with wildlife, and living in an area which is quite good for both, there's always plenty of room for improvement. Anyway, just wondered if anyone would care to exchange ideas, or photographs etc. I've not been really into it all that long, so please don't go blinding me with science will you, lol. Thanks for reading.
I would love to see a photography group start on here ... where we can upload and share photos on this site. So far I've not been able to upload files even when there is an option to do so... :(
Thats a great idea would love that....free lance photographer london ont[img][img][/img][/img]

I tried adding a photo i guess i didnt do it right.....so how do i post a photo thanks 
i dont consider myself a professional photographer by any stretch of the imagination, but i do dabble in it a lot, even went so far as to having my own darkroom for a lot of years, and did all colour work, some 10 years later started experimenting with black and white, and some great effects you can get with it.  i do have digital camera now as well as the old film style. I think you can learn a lot off the internet or by experimenting with settings, lighting, time exposures, etc.  but as far as a lot of the books and courses out there i always ask myself  WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO COPY SOMEBODY ELSES STYLE??? They the authors of books etc became professionals and known for their work by developing their own style of photography. If we all coppied the same style and pattern photography would be awfull boring and loose interest for me anyway,  
Tryin' One! -Astronaut Jones

ImageSand Fishing by MïK Watson, on Flickr

It seems to work OK...Click on the picture and press 'L' to really get into the scene
@DoubleExposure -

I have my photos posted on Flickr, an online gallery. I tried the 'img' tab and, like you, got nowhere (as it is with most of these kinds of forum boards...maybe I just don't understand 'em but, my way works for me). As I said, I already have mine online, so it's just a matter of linking to them.

On Flickr, each picture has a 'share' button that brings up several options; facebook, html, embed (which i don't understand, either), and BBCode *Ding!* Pick a med size (I din't; this is a small) and just copy/pasta right into the words. Preview to be sure and POST!

I hope that helps
Try Tinypic.com and use "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards" copy it from there to paste it to the forum post no need to use the Img from this site.

You can also post from Photobucket or your gallery from this site as well to post images.

To make the text larger, high light it all crtl and A keys at the same time and then where it say normal, click on it and choose "Large".

Hope this was helpful?
_Grumpy_ wrote:
Chokko wrote: Hi Grumpy.  Your pics are wonderful.  Thank you to share the link.  :)

Thanks for the kind words but somehow I feel you missed the links at the bottom of the page to all the photos. Unless that is you are talking about the photos in my gallery and are just thanking me for posting the link.

Your link is broken,sir. I thought you might like to know. Post 1/3
TRAVELR wrote: i dont consider myself a professional photographer by any stretch of the imagination, but i do dabble in it...[redacted]...I do have digital camera now as well as the old film style. I think you can learn a lot off the internet or by experimenting with settings, lighting, time exposures, etc.  WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO COPY SOMEBODY ELSES STYLE???  

Why would I want to copy somebody else's style? As an artist (or at least having an artistic bent), you copy someone every moment...You can't help it. We are the thousand monkeys trying to write "King Lear". Without reading and studying the ins & outs of making pictures, you strap yourself to the hunt and poke that'll take forever to produce a reasonable image. You take your basics, learned from someone else, and you adapt them to make your own style. Only Daguerreo was original.
I know this topic has been inactive for a while but I just joined and as I like photography too, I thought I would add my thoughts.

When I got my DSLR I bought books, watched YouTube and signed up for a photography course for beginners.  The course did help when it came to understanding the technical stuff but sadly most of the class seemed to be there reluctantly. I can sum it up by telling you that one lady with a brand new camera asked the tutor if it was really necessary to buy an SD card as she didn't think she would use it much!

Looking back now, I overwhelmed myself with information and in retrospect, I could have learnt all I needed to if I had found a friendly local photography group or, just stuck to YouTube.  
I got a good laugh out of the comment about the lady asking if she really needed an SD card in her fancy camera. But of course, some do have a little internal memory built-in, perhaps that would have been enough for her :D