I've always enjoyed the structure and gentle rhythm to Frost's poetry. My favourite: The aim was song. Juxtaposed to Thom Gunn, it makes for easy reading.
cerberus97 wrote: I've always enjoyed the structure and gentle rhythm to Frost's poetry. My favourite: The aim was song. Juxtaposed to Thom Gunn, it makes for easy reading.

Sweet choice, cerberus. My take on Aim Was Song is a bit spiritual - man poking his nose into the Creator's business! :) Just my take, though, and as with all of Mr. Frost's poetry, I do believe he purposely left layer upon layer so that each of us could find a truth familiar unto ourselves.

Cheers!
HoosierGirl wrote: Sweet choice, cerberus. My take on Aim Was Song is a bit spiritual - man poking his nose into the Creator's business! :) Just my take, though, and as with all of Mr. Frost's poetry, I do believe he purposely left layer upon layer so that each of us could find a truth familiar unto ourselves.

Cheers!

The true aim of poetry, I believe, hoosier, is to resonate with readers in different ways. Some might interpret the sound of the wind as a memory of the celtic gods of forest, lee and stream, while others will hear music. Subjective.