One of the burdens of office of the small town mayor was his brother-in-law, a fellow who liked to throw his or, rather, his in-law's political weight around.

The mayor had instructed his policemen and other city officials to treat him just like they would any other taxpayer.

The brother-in-law got a ticket for overtime parking. He immediately descended in a fury on police headquarters, waving the ticket and sputtering, "Hey, do you know who I am?"

The desk sergeant surveyed him calmly, picked up his telephone and dialed the mayor's office. "Tell the mayor," he said to the secretary, "that brother-in-law is down here and can't remember his name."
:lol:
moondimple wrote: Image

Hey moondimple your right about that Rob Ford tried it all. Guess what Torontonians go to the polls on October 27th....Doug Ford the brother is running. I have to say though that Doug is nothing like his brother but obviously he will pay the price for his brother's sins.
In the recent referendum where Scotland had a vote to decide whether they should be independent there was a picture of Scotland's first minister, Alex Salmond on the side of the famous train The Flying Scotsman but when the sliding door of the train opened, the start of the name of the train on its side was partly obscured so all you could see was "lying Scotsman" and the photo of Alex! The vote for independence was lost and Scotland are still part of the UK!
I wonder if it was really accidental? :lol:
You have to be a registered member to view the files attached to this post.
Very interesting Graham.....lying Scotsman might of ruined his chances.....As for Rob Ford he had to step down in the running for the mayor because he is in ill health but Doug might lose on account of the Ford name. All these politicians just bicker about each other. I personally don't like any of the candidates and it will be interesting to see who will win the mayor's seat on October 27th. :lol:
Graham1 wrote: In the recent referendum where Scotland had a vote to decide whether they should be independent there was a picture of Scotland's first minister, Alex Salmond on the side of the famous train The Flying Scotsman but when the sliding door of the train opened, the start of the name of the train on its side was partly obscured so all you could see was "lying Scotsman" and the photo of Alex! The vote for independence was lost and Scotland are still part of the UK!

If this was what they wanted, they did a good job of it and by putting it on that train might have help them to loose out. The sliding door would work in their favor?
Snugglytoo wrote: Very interesting Graham.....lying Scotsman might of ruined his chances.....As for Rob Ford he had to step down in the running for the mayor because he is in ill health but Doug might lose on account of the Ford name. All these politicians just bicker about each other. I personally don't like any of the candidates and it will be interesting to see who will win the mayor's seat on October 27th. :lol:

As for Ford, Doug look a lot like his brother, you could almost pass Doug for Rob if you don't look close enough.
Graham1 wrote: In the recent referendum where Scotland had a vote to decide whether they should be independent there was a picture of Scotland's first minister, Alex Salmond on the side of the famous train The Flying Scotsman but when the sliding door of the train opened, the start of the name of the train on its side was partly obscured so all you could see was "lying Scotsman" and the photo of Alex! The vote for independence was lost and Scotland are still part of the UK!

TOO FUNNY...LUV IT G
Snugglytoo wrote:
moondimple wrote: Image

Hey moondimple your right about that Rob Ford tried it all. Guess what Torontonians go to the polls on October 27th....Doug Ford the brother is running. I have to say though that Doug is nothing like his brother but obviously he will pay the price for his brother's sins.

I think I've heard it all now Snug!!