I bought a new epsom printer beginning of November one week ago a grating sound then it stopped copying it looked like the ink was empty so I replaced the cardridges with the correct inks from epsom, it still wont work as it says the magenta and blue inks are not empsom, they said at the store to buy another set of inks but why should I and also said they may have to send it away for repair. I am not happy about this. Havent taken it back yet because of the snow here.

Ann
annie27940 wrote: I bought a new epsom printer beginning of November one week ago a grating sound then it stopped copying it looked like the ink was empty so I replaced the cardridges with the correct inks from epsom, it still wont work as it says the magenta and blue inks are not empsom, they said at the store to buy another set of inks but why should I and also said they may have to send it away for repair. I am not happy about this. Havent taken it back yet because of the snow here.

Ann

Hi Anne,
I believe under the sale of goods & services act, the printer must be of merchantable quality and perform as expected, after such a short time I would imagine that you should recieve a replacement printer (seller to sort out their end) , a cash refund or credit note.

I've included a link for you to read.

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/consumers/fact-sheets/page38311.html

Best Regards,
David
Thanks Dave

I will take them to task when I can get the car out with this weather

Its nice when people do help out.

Regards

Ann
No problem Ann.

If there was a Solicitor on the board maybe he'd consider writing a topic and maintining it.
'Know your rights'

Best Regards,
David xx
What a good idea maybe someone will take it up

Ann
many thanks got it sorted it was faulty ink cartridge.

Mny thanks to you all.

Ann :P