Romantic Canadian in Greece, I still think like a Canadian and believe my soulmate's on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean...
Are you looking in Greece for your soul mate?...or...Your soul mate is in Canada but you are in Greece?
A bit of a way to go for a first date, don't you think?...LOL
what does a soulmate mean to you? :D :D
would you explain? thanks
Soulmate to me is ... you found a partner for life and only that person is in your life and no one else.
Angelheart54 wrote: Are you looking in Greece for your soul mate?...or...Your soul mate is in Canada but you are in Greece?
A bit of a way to go for a first date, don't you think?...LOL

LOL and not to mention expensive too.
stardaisy wrote: Soulmate to me is ... you found a partner for life and only that person is in your life and no one else.

I have to say that is spot on star, you only ever have one soul mate and they can never be replaced.you are very lucky if you find your soul mate. if you do you would go to the end of the earth to be with them. I have not found mine yet :cry: but there is always hope :D x
roamingcloud wrote: what does a soulmate mean to you? :D :D

I understand a soul mate as someone you can discuss anything at all with in complete honesty as they can with you. It doesn't have to be a romantic attachment; it can be a really special friend too.
Graham1 wrote:

I understand a soul mate as someone you can discuss anything at all with in complete honesty as they can with you. It doesn't have to be a romantic attachment; it can be a really special friend too.

interesting, never thought of a soul mate in that respect. will have to look into that.so I could have had a soul mate after all ,and did not relise it :lol:   opps :oops:  
Graham1 wrote:

I have to agree with you, Graham, either gender too.  But you would be the luckiest one that if your sole mate happens to be your BFF and partner too.  I had one, but he passed away last year.  Very sad.
I understand a soulmate to be that part of me that allows me to fulfill myself, to see that I am whole as I am,  that everything outside me is just the stuff of the world and I give it all the meaning I want to give it.  

A soulmate helps you to accept yourself and you to accept them with no demands no conditions yet would not want to be any where else or doing anything else without them.

That is my believe and that is my wish for myself.  To find my soul mate would be the icing on the cake. 
To find that kind of person, to experience that in your life is such an amazing feeling. 
Hi
ClassicalFun wrote: I understand a soulmate to be that part of me that allows me to fulfill myself, to see that I am whole as I am,  that everything outside me is just the stuff of the world and I give it all the meaning I want to give it.  

A soulmate helps you to accept yourself and you to accept them with no demands no conditions yet would not want to be any where else or doing anything else without them.

That is my believe and that is my wish for myself.  To find my soul mate would be the icing on the cake. 
To find that kind of person, to experience that in your life is such an amazing feeling. 

I have found my soul mate after waiting for two years.  It is a wonderful feeling to have one and to enjoy every moment with.  So I guess I got my icing on my cake? :wink:  

....to me a soul mate is the matching of two distinct persons in every conceivable way possible,passions ,outlook,physical,mental ,and we swear even our very soul's are on the very same plane of thought, emotions, feelings ,love...much like intertwining the fingers of both hands....you just know  you belong together now and always will and may well have been before..you just somehow know that together ,you are "Home" :D :) !
a soul mate to me is someone you can connect with on all levels someone who has the same morals and values some one content with what you have and doesn't want to change things for themselves someone who excepts you for who you are and can see the good in everything
A soul male is THE partner meant to for you by our Creator, to be by your side, journey life with you, and share it all, connecting strongly at all levels; a bond that is almost sacred. Soul mates compliment and complete each other, hence realizing true harmony, true love, and true happiness. 

I agree that it is hard to find our soul mate, mainly because we get so focused on what we think we want or get influenced by the social criteria of the 'best match", hence the unhappy marriages we end up hooked to. What it takes, I guess, is to be open to hear our interior voice...

My two cents worth :)

Clau10