Seven Wonders

A group of students were asked to list what they thought were the present "Seven Wonders of the World." Though there were some disagreements, the following received the most votes:
1. Egypt's Great Pyramids
2. Taj Mahal
3. Grand Canyon
4. Panama Canal
5. Empire State Building
6. St. Peter's Basilica
7. China's Great Wall

While gathering the votes, the teacher noted that one student had not finished her paper yet. So she asked the girl if she was having trouble with her list. The girl replied, "Yes, a little. I couldn't quite make up my mind because there were so many."

The teacher said, "Well, tell us what you have, and maybe we can help." The girl hesitated, then read, "I think the 'Seven Wonders of the World' are:
1. To See
2. To Hear
3. To Touch
4. To Taste
5. To Feel
6. To Laugh
7. And to Love."
The room was so quiet you could have heard a pin drop. The things we overlook as simple and ordinary and that we take for granted are truly wondrous!
A gentle reminder:
The most precious things in life cannot be built by hand or bought by man.

What kind of „Seven Wonders” are around you?
what a lovely post!
Yes a wonderful post... as the saying goes here
"Out of the mouth of the babe"
so very true!
One of the wonders around me today:

After a windy, rainy day finally the Sun is shining! 8)
Reminder: The sky is always blue above the clouds! :wink:

Turin Brakes: Above the Clouds
MrsIppi wrote: One of the wonders around me today:

After a windy, rainy day finally the Sun is shining! 8)
Reminder: The sky is always blue above the clouds! :wink:

Turin Brakes: Above the Clouds

True, this winter storm sure left a mess, over a feet of wet snow last night, the sun is shining now and it sure is melting. lots of slush out there but the sun can put a bright smile on your face today.

But part of that sky isn't that blue isn't it? it is black where the sun don't shine?
A Norwegian town Rjukan shrouded in shadow for half the year has found an ingenious way to get a bit of sunlight.
For hundreds of years, the inhabitants of the tiny Norwegian town of Rjukan went without direct sunlight for almost half the year. Rjukan is wedged at the bottom of a steep east-west valley in southern Norway’s Telemark region. It’s surrounded by mountains, including the 6,178-foot-high Gaustatoppen.

The town that built a giant mirror to catch the sunshine
MrsIppi wrote: A Norwegian town Rjukan shrouded in shadow for half the year has found an ingenious way to get a bit of sunlight.
For hundreds of years, the inhabitants of the tiny Norwegian town of Rjukan went without direct sunlight for almost half the year. Rjukan is wedged at the bottom of a steep east-west valley in southern Norway’s Telemark region. It’s surrounded by mountains, including the 6,178-foot-high Gaustatoppen.

The town that built a giant mirror to catch the sunshine

Right, I heard about that too...

When my Grandfather was working on Baffin Island, in the summer time they call it the "Midnight Sun", winter time, hardly seen the sun, many days during winter storms, rope tied between tents to guide the men to the mess tent and to their tent where they sleep and what not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baffin_Island
Thank you for sharing a beautiful post MrsIppi
This story of seven wonders expresses so much. Beautiful
MrsIppi wrote: Image

Sad that only one still remains; the pyramids
Poutine has become a world wonder
Polar permaculture.

In one of the planet’s most northerly settlements, a tiny Arctic town of about 2,000 people,domed greenhouse stands out like an alien structure in the snow-cloaked landscape. Transplanted chef Benjamin Vidmar grows tomatoes, onions, chilies and other vegetables in the Norwegian town of Longyearbyen. WONDERful.

For more information just google "growing food in the arctic".