Oh, what a joy a garden brings! Spring...the time of renewal! Every morning I check on how far my bulbs are doing and it gives me joy to see them grow. I wait with anticipation and eagerness to see them bloom. My purple ice pancies are in bloom, again.

My garden is fairly new. I have only been in house, in Elmira, Ontario, since January, 2009. As it was a newly build house, I had to wait for the grass before starting my new garden. It was hard to leave my perennial garden, in Waterloo, behind. I especially miss the wishing well that my deceased husband had built in the front garden. I have now passed on my joy of gardening to my new garden. I look forward to watching my new perennials reappear. The red maple tree and the deep burgundy crab-apple tree was newly planted last summer. I can't wait to see leaves on them. The bird bath and bird feeder are also already in use. I look forward to seeing my friends, the gold finches.

I know that any of you, who live in British Columbia, had a head start. Everything blooms way before it does in Ontario. Do you have trees in blossom, now?

We had ever warm days, here in Ontario, but it has gotten cold and windy, again. Yesterday, we actually had hail (April, 17, 2010). The wind was so strong that it blew my arbor down.

Gardening is a joy and stress relieve. There is a tranquility and connection to nature and God. I highly recommend all you gardening lovers to go to the Royal Botanical Gardens, in Burlington, Ontario, especially the rock garden. Anyone been their?

I would love to hear your garden story. Thank you for reading mine. Happy gardening!
I cant wait till Spring time............and see what lies beneath this snow cover on the Canadian Tundra.......

[img][img]http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/porabb/FLOWERS%202010/yazsz3.gif[/img][/img]
It's been a very cold winter in Toronto this year, needless to say spring can not come fast enough!

can't wait to see my crocus's come up through the snow.
I agree, cant wait to have a garden again.....

definately love architecture in my garden...and perennials......we have LOTS of wild crocuses growing in the Spruce Hills area........it is amazing to see the beauty that lives under the sand.......

[img][img]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/MistyCaudle/IMGP0215.jpg[/img][/img]
Genevra wrote: I agree, cant wait to have a garden again.....

definately love architecture in my garden...and perennials......we have LOTS of wild crocuses growing in the Spruce Hills area........it is amazing to see the beauty that lives under the sand.......

[img][img]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/MistyCaudle/IMGP0215.jpg[/img][/img]

is this your garden?

it's spectacular!

You must think like so many others that Vancouver is all of BC. Here there is still snow coming down and two feet on the ground. It is warm in the green house and I have plants started to set out in about six weeks. Middle of May that is. Two dozen different plants. Nice thing about up here is there are no plant pests or fruit tree pests. It is too cold in winter. 
A week has gone buy and what a difference, the snow is going. Still four to six weeks before I can garden outside but one green house is ready to plant. I will start with lettuce and radishes and a bit of spinach for in lasagne. Of course they will die out when it gets hot but by then I will be planting them outside. They will be a nice surprise for my friend when she gets here. Gardens are for sharing as is life.
Nothing quite like a coffee or a glass of wine and some down time in the garden listening to the birds.
My lady is bringing wind chimes to hang in the apple trees.
She likes to garden and although disabled too is probably more flexible than me. I will probably end up doing cooking and cleaning so she can have time to garden to her hearts content. Not that we won't have time to garden together, but some one has to cook and I like to cook. I don't even mind doing the dishes. Right now I have over a thousand plants in my house that need to move to the green houses, some will eventually end in the gardens. Adding blue berries, black berries and strawberries to our collection of berries. Adding some new herbs too. And growing Valerian to make a relaxing tea, and hibiscus to colour it. Ordered fifty Gladiolas to plant in my manure spreader that I filled with soil and peat moss. I'll put petunias in with them and some marigolds and lupins. Voila, portable flower bed. Growing flowers in my grain roller too. We are going to start chickens in one of the greenhouses too. I've done that before and it works good. They will go to the chicken house when they get big enough to get out of their pen and eat the plants. I love gardening and have been doing it since I was eight years old.

"The crocuses and the larch turning green every year a week before the others and the pastures red with uneaten sheep's placentas and the long summer days and the newmown hay and the wood pigeon in the morning and the cuckoo in the afternoon and the corncrake in the evening and the wasps in the jam and the smell of the gorse and the look of the gorse and the apples falling and the children walking in the dead leaves and the larch turning brown a week before the others and the chestnuts falling and the howling winds and the sea breaking over the pier and the first fires and the hooves on the road and the consumptive postman whistling "The Roses Are Blooming in Picardy" and the standard oil-lamp and of course the snow and to be sure the sleet and bless your heart the slush and every fourth year the February debacle and the endless April showers and the crocuses and then the whole bloody business starting all over again."

~Samuel Beckett, Watt
Laughed at the Samuel Beckett verse Moon, put me in a good mood for the rest of the day...lol...What's it all about...Alfie?
I really enjoyed reading that Moon. Makes you think about life and its circle. I love the way it goes on needing neither a comma nor a period. Super.

"Or maybe spring is the season of love and fall the season of mad lust. Spring for flirting but fall for the untamed delicious wild thing.”
~Elizabeth Cohen, The Hypothetical Girl
Love it, Moon. You always know/find wonderful writings on emotions. I enjoy your posts. Pls. continue! They make my day. :D Thank you, lots!
*Hugs* Seashells and thank you kindly!
I found the quote in one of my books this morning, loved it and immediately remembered the photo I took last Autumn while walking in Depot Park...I think they go together splendidly!
Moon~ you do have the gifts of sharing it with us, I too enjoy reading yours.

Star :)

"Gather ye blooms while ye may, Old Time is still a-flying: And this same flower that smiles to-day, Tomorrow will be dying."
~Robert Herrick, 1591-1674

I found this gorgeous bloomer smiling at me in a garden centre on Manitoulin Island