I was only ten years old and I will never forget it. My grandpa, whom I loved dearly, had passed away a week before. I was sleeping in my room, facing the window, facing east. I suddenly woke. I opened my eyes and saw the sun rising outside my window. I was completely awake. I turned to the other side to get comfortable and see if I could go back to sleep and there was the image of my grandpa on the bedroom door. He was just standing there, plain as day. I could not see his entire body, just the top half. He was wearing the clothes he always wore, a white collar shirt and white t shirt underneath. He was shaking his head from side to side as if trying to tell me "no". I thought I was seeing a ghost. I was so overwhelmed with fear that I pulled the covers over my head and began to wait. When the sun was bright enough, I slowly took the covers off. My grandpa was gone. I ran into my mother's room and told her what happened. The following day, I told my grandma. No one really believed me. They said it was my imagination. I know it was not my imagination. I saw his image right there in front of me. Unexplainable things do happen, all the time. I have had precognitive dreams and premonitions as well. It is something that just comes when it comes. I have no control over it.
Carmen...I believe you 100%  ... It happens ... but what I would say ... is never be afraid ... he is not there to hurt you, your grand dad ... just there to watch over you .. if it ever happens again .. just say ' I love you grand dad ... rest in peace my grand dad , I love you x  ... then turn over and go to sleep : ) x ...never be afraid ... he is someone who loves you x
I went out one night .. it was when it all begun with me .. My sister meeting her friends me meeting mine ... a mile apart ... I just got in the pub with my friends and a friend buying me a drink .. apologized and left ... ran a mile ... my sister was in trouble .. I knew it .. I rescued her and got her home safe .. then saw premonitians ... some i hated .. I would close my eyes .. and it was like someone leading me down a path to find the truth .. I couldn't do it ... I even saw marilynne  monroe ... I was so scared ... would close my eyes and see it all ... and when my dad passed i prayed so hard to him to take it away from me .. I couldn't take it ... he did : ) and premonitions that too .. I saw the towers 6 months before : ( ... how could I tell anyone ? they would have thought I was mad .. and Dianne .. the princess saw that too ... but people see it as crazy ? but since i prayed to my dad to take it away from me .. it's disappeared .. so happy now ... I wouldn't go to sleep because i feared the dreams ... but no longer have them anymore : ) so happy now x
What did you rescue your sister from Trixibell? Are you telling us that you saw the twin towers hit before it was hit? I find that a little hard to believe.  :lol:
Why is that hard to believe? People have dreams, feelings, premonitions all the time that they can't understand and they think it's an overactive imagination or maybe they saw a movie that day and think it's connected.  There are many things that go on in our minds that science can't explain.  And nobody ever talks about them at the time because who would believe them. Can you imagine what would have happened if she'd phoned the FBI and told them hey, I had this dream ... and then it happened?? They'd be on her doorstep like flies on poop (not that she's poop :lol:) thinking she was a terrorist. Also sometimes you don't realize what you saw until it happens and then you think, holy crap, THAT was what I dreamed.

For six months before we moved my mother had dreams of standing on a strange street corner waiting for a bus but not knowing which one to take. After we moved, she found herself standing in that very same spot.  Coincidence?  I didn't know we were going to be living there.  
Marilyn Monroe and Princess Diana? I am sorry but I am not that gullible. You can believe what you want MustangSally. That is your privilege.

I can believe what you said about your mother on the street corner because she is a relative and I have heard things about relatives.....that I sort of believe, but no I cannot believe that after the fact nonsense up above about notorious situations.  Yes, I would tell the FBI if I saw that happen 6 months prior. Then I would warn them every time other tragedies are about to happen. Perhaps they would put me on the payroll. :roll:  

I have heard that there are mental diseases that cause people to hear voices in their head. Is it possible that they also see things? :roll:  
I feel bad for people who are that cynical. And I don't mean to offend, but I just think it's more interesting when you think about possibilities.  The connection between me and mother and her dream had no relevance at all. I didn't go looking around and see a street corner and say, Gee, that's the same one my mother saw. Let's live here.  I was looking for a place to live and I drove into the town and thought, this is where I want to live. It wasn't until months after that mom said, OMG, I was downtown waiting for a bus and I remembered having this dream. 

I don't question what goes on in other people's minds unless they're serial killers, etc. and I don't know anything about mental diseases or how to assess what they might be hearing. And I think to call something that you know nothing about nonsense is a bit narrow minded (just my opinion).   But as you said, that's your privilege.  I've grown up around mediums and I've seen what they can do and it just baffles me, which isn't to say that everybody who has an experience is a medium, but the mind is a strange animal.

And your reaction/response to her post is exactly why people don't tell anybody. 
Sally, I think lots of us have these dreams, in most cases just little things like your mother and the bus stop. Mostly we put it down to deja vu, but maybe it isn't, who knows?

Mustangsally wrote: I feel bad for people who are that cynical. And I don't mean to offend, but I just think it's more interesting when you think about possibilities.  The connection between me and mother and her dream had no relevance at all. I didn't go looking around and see a street corner and say, Gee, that's the same one my mother saw. Let's live here.  I was looking for a place to live and I drove into the town and thought, this is where I want to live. It wasn't until months after that mom said, OMG, I was downtown waiting for a bus and I remembered having this dream. 

I don't question what goes on in other people's minds unless they're serial killers, etc. and I don't know anything about mental diseases or how to assess what they might be hearing. And I think to call something that you know nothing about nonsense is a bit narrow minded (just my opinion).   But as you said, that's your privilege.  I've grown up around mediums and I've seen what they can do and it just baffles me, which isn't to say that everybody who has an experience is a medium, but the mind is a strange animal.

And your reaction/response to her post is exactly why people don't tell anybody. 

Calm down Mustang........you don't need to get all upset and call me cynical just because I don't agree with Trixibell.  I have a right to my own opinion you know.  I said I believed about your mother, is that not good enough for you? Sheesh.....people around here get their knickers in a knot if someone doesn't think the same as them.  :lol:

I don't think I am going to fit in so well here, I hate walking on egg shells when women sit there just waiting for something to be offended by. Sheesh!  Grow up some.   
Quote: people around here get their knickers in a knot if someone doesn't think the same as them. Unquote.
People disagree with you ibelee? Mustangsally only looks like one person to me. You seem to be the one most offended. You've hardly been here long enough to judge us. Are you sure you don't have a persecution complex? :)
     I believe that spirits are sold in bottles in liquor stores. That may even contravene state or provincial laws banning slavery.  I (sort of) remember a label saying, 'A genie in every bottle'.  Aren't genies and spirits the same thing.  It seems to me that either will get you to a different level - not necessarily higher.
Sounds about right to me Kanuth.  :lol:
Carmen1255 wrote: I was only ten years old and I will never forget it. My grandpa, whom I loved dearly, had passed away a week before. I was sleeping in my room, facing the window, facing east. I suddenly woke. I opened my eyes and saw the sun rising outside my window. I was completely awake. I turned to the other side to get comfortable and see if I could go back to sleep and there was the image of my grandpa on the bedroom door. He was just standing there, plain as day. I could not see his entire body, just the top half. He was wearing the clothes he always wore, a white collar shirt and white t shirt underneath. He was shaking his head from side to side as if trying to tell me "no". I thought I was seeing a ghost. I was so overwhelmed with fear that I pulled the covers over my head and began to wait. When the sun was bright enough, I slowly took the covers off. My grandpa was gone. I ran into my mother's room and told her what happened. The following day, I told my grandma. No one really believed me. They said it was my imagination. I know it was not my imagination. I saw his image right there in front of me. Unexplainable things do happen, all the time. I have had precognitive dreams and premonitions as well. It is something that just comes when it comes. I have no control over it.

This I can believe Carmen. Same as I believe Mustang when she told about her mother. I just have a hard time wrapping my brain around the Marilyn Monroe, Princess Diana and Twin Towers. These three are just so impersonal that it doesn't seem likely :D
Thanks, Gwynnie, that's exactly what I would have said. Sounds like she's the only person entitled to an opinion.  Everybody is entitled to think what they want. I just didn't think it was fair calling it "nonsense" just because you  don't believe in it.

Maybe it was just poorly worded. I think Ibelee just has a very direct way of speaking that we aren't used to yet. 
Did trixibell leave the site ?  no need to have a sixth sense to know that the nasty little troll came back to upset more members  :evil:   it is bad enough to try and make trixibell look foolish but to laugh at her  is even worse. if you do not agree with a post be polite about it, other wise keep your evil mouth shut :D    yer yer I know that's not polite of me but I have no time for TROLLS.  oh I can predict this  IT  will be back  :lol: