I am looking for some honest feedback. What are men really looking for and where are all the good men? I am a shy and reserved woman, overweight but healthy. I have put myself out there over and over again without any success. What am I doing wrong?
Areyouforme wrote: I am looking for some honest feedback. What are men really looking for and where are all the good men? I am a shy and reserved woman, overweight but healthy. I have put myself out there over and over again without any success. What am I doing wrong?

Reply...from a 72 year old ....

Try to make a Friend and let that someone be a Friend to you in return ".Remember Friendship is  Love without his wings.".. (G .Byron )....

Ok Guys step up to the plate and give this lady  some positive support and helpful feedback!
aka~things to think about... :-) cheers 
Stickpin,

thanks for you reply. My biggest problem is I can't get anyone to even reply to my overtures, either on dating websites or in person. I don't understand and I am tired of being alone. All I want is a friend, not even looking for marriage. Someone to have dinner with, go to the movies with, have fun with.
What is your Masters Degree in? I try to find commonalities with people early on. Education is a good place to start. You don't have to be in the same field as someone else, but a curiosity about what they are educated in or what area they are working in makes good conversation starters. 
Friendship takes time. You can reply on the posts of others in the forum, and you can come in the chatroom for a little talk. People will get to know you. Friendship is a good beginning. There are a lot of nice people here. You can send smile even if people do not reply, it is ok. You can send friendship request even if people do not reply, it is ok too. It is their choice to reply or not, but they will see you. Many people do not reply to me but some do. Be curious and take a look everywhere on here. I read profils. I also read and reply to the posts in the forum and I like it very much. :) Never forget that friends accept friends the way they are. You have to try and try, never give up. It is nice to have friends both men and women from different areas, and to learn new things from them and their culture. . Come often on the site, people will see you, and someone will reply to you one day. Keep trying, do not give up, it takes time... Be positive, that is what people told me... :)
Hi Autumn leaf: Welcome to 50+. I was thinking maybe a description of yourself, more profile, would be helpful and a better pic or more pics added to your gallery. It's early days yet, stay positive and try 'chat' and saying 'hello' to everyone. I agree with Chokko's suggestions too. Good luck.
Areyouforme wrote: Stickpin,

thanks for you reply. My biggest problem is I can't get anyone to even reply to my overtures, either on dating websites or in person. I don't understand and I am tired of being alone. All I want is a friend, not even looking for marriage. Someone to have dinner with, go to the movies with, have fun with.

Have you tried using the quick search facility to find out what other members are in your area? I work here so message me if you need any help with the search. Coincidentally I have a sister who lived in Derry, NH for many years and now lives in Hooksett!
personally speaking about myself, it takes times for me to develope a relationship with any one whether as a friend or as a partner. Yes I  am a bit shy but my main reason is I have to be comfortable with the person and know that person is both comfortable and aware of my tremors. One would be surprise how many have stopped chatting with me on various dating sites  after becoming  aware of my disorder. To me those that act like that are not worth my time and I have nothing but contempt for them, for they often  say that they are not prejudice but their actions state otherwise . I do have a few good friends and they laugh with me , have to , then they go home and sometimes start their washing machine.  :lol: I don't really go  into chat rooms as I have a fairly hard time typing fast enough and spell right but will reply , post etc.
Hello and Happy New Year!

You are doing absolutely nothing wrong. Just be yourself and stop trying so hard.

I was married for 26 years, now divorced for 12 years........and have dated. I honestly think men have been put through the ringer and are not able to deal with their age....you know ego thing. Sorry guys if you are reading this......you are lovely. Guys are looking for the younger woman or airbrushed beauties......oh dear. Actually, I heard on the radio the other day, this woman was doing a study and had put her model friends face with a horrible written profile on an on-line dating site. Ha ha ha ..........1,000 hits.....the guys were not obviously reading the profile. She had put in there that she would probably get pregnant on purpose and about cutting off something, etc. So are guys visual, you bet.

Anyway, bottom line, be yourself, find an activity that you enjoy and others will be there too. Likeminded I suppose.

Good luck and love yourself............you will survive.