Gosh Gulf, you are an interesting man already and you have only done one reply.  thank you, I loved hearing about the Sheriff crashing into your car, I laughed right out loud at that one.

I love the name of your son.  Yes, we do get very proud when our children go to college and university.  I feel your heart on that one as my son is also a success.

1.   Who is your favorite late night talk show host or funny man?

2.   Do you have 3 rules to live by?

3.   Do you enjoy large crowds? You are invited to be the speaker at a large crowd, does that make you nervous?  When asked what would be your topic to speak about, what would you choose?  
i have two funny men that are my favorites. My first would be Johnny Carson. He grew up in my area of the country(Nebraska and Iowa) and i love his dry midwestern humor. My second would be Bill Cosby. The common bond between these two is that they can talk about everyday things(without resorting to profanity) and make you laugh. My three rules would be as follows. Number one is the glass is always half full! Not half empty!! secondly, i work as hard as i can as long as i can and i dont expect anyhting from my crew that i wont or cant do myself. and finally..............SMILE!! arent people wonderful ??!! I would be scared to death to get up and speak but i would not be afraid if that makes any sense. Even i am thinking about that one ! I would speak about we as a civilization and how we need to get back to the things that made this such a wondefrul planet. Respecting others and their rights to exist with all of us in peace and harmony, all the while enjoying all of the diversity all of our different cultures offer
Okay Gulph 3 questions...

1. Who's your best friend, and what is it you like about them?

2. What is your most treasured possession and why?

3. If zombies were chasing you, who would be the first person you would push over? LOL
mischievous wrote:

3. If zombies were chasing you, who would be the first person you would push over? LOL

Ohhh, mischievous, you are a hoot.  I love this one.  :lol:
My best friend is Randy. He was the first person i met when i was enrolled in a new high school. that was 46 years ago. He was and still is as much of a life mentor as my own father. The things i love about him are his refusal to give up on anything despite numerous financial and personal setbacks over the years and doing so with a wonderful and positive attitude. i am not a material type of guy but maybe a certificate of appreciation i received from then president Nixon for my work on a presidential support detail i was assigned to while serving in the U S Marines..... long story. I can think of two people i would push over.Both are guests in here often so without mentioning names, the first deflates a chat room with his/her presence faster than any person alive. I am still smarting from the second one so i wont get into details. Uses my pass on that one
Well Gulfshores, I have to say "you are one interesting man".  I hope all the beautiful gals are taking notes here.........and I don't mean this kind...

1.  Did you enjoy the career you chose, or; if given the chance, would you have chosen something different and what would that be?

2.  How long have you been single again?

3.  Are you still  the "old school" type a person when it comes to dating?  Have you ever had a woman give you flowers?  Do you pick up the check?  How do you feel dressed up fit to kill in a suit and tie? Does it make you uncomfortable, and would you rather be in casual clothes?
I enjoiyed my 32 years with the Sara Lee company. I met and worked with a lot of great people during those years but if i could change something, i wanted to get into the secret service upon my leaving the military but that seemed to slip away once i returned home. Technically i am still a married man. I have a settlement hearing this week so if all goes as hoped, i will be single again some time before Christmas. Hmmm. I am definately old school. I open doors, stand up when approached if i am sitting, offering chairs etc. I like picking up the checks also. As far as dressing up, a t shirt, shorts, and sandals will get you into any restaurant you want here in Gulf Shores. I brought some nice clothes with me when i moved here and havent worn a bit of them as its so casual here.
Okay... more questions...

1. What can you do today that you were not capable of a year ago?

2. What was the last thing that made you laugh out loud?

3. Have you ever met a chocolate you didn't like? LOL (riveting stuff Gulph)
My condo is five miles from the gulf of mexico. My work place is less than a mile from the gulf, o sill say that this year i can sit by the gulf in a matter of minutes. at this time last year, i was living in Nebraska. so i will say sittin on the gulf this year. I cant remember what was said but iused to chat with a woman in here who could make me laugh more than any person ive ever known. One bad chocolate story.I had a younger brother who was quite fond of semi sweet chocolate. The higher the cocoa percentage the better! Things like 80 percent cocoa! Anyhow, he managed to talk me into trying a piece one. I havent been the same since.
1.  I hear you like to do a bit of cooking....what do you enjoy cooking?

2.  Are you interested in sports?  Did you play sports in high school years? Who are your favorite teams?

3.  You can have supper tonight with anyone in the world........who would it be?

PS: To Mischievous, thank you so much for participating.  I love your questions and I appreciate the fact that you don't mind jumping in and asking questions.  Can hardly wait until I draw your name. :D  

My favorite dish to cook is a standard pork loin. itso versatile and depending on your seasoning mix, the flavors can vary greatly. I my stand is to cook it with shallots, yellow potatoes, and carrots. then depending on my mood i have used mediterranean spiced sea salt,a parmesan and garlic mix and then more garlic. Another version will simplify and just go with a chipotle chili pepper alone. with garlic again. Been wanting to try it with a saigon cinnamon just for the heck of it. serve this with a chutney of some sort. Then asparagus with some lemongrass for seasoning. good bottle of wine and you are set. i played all the basic sports growing up but i didnt really get into the competitive side of sports till after the service. i was quite small in high school but thankfully i grew late with some help from the marines, after returning home i played city league baseball, football and basketball for many years. The one person i would have dinner with would be my father as when i was growing up, he would be gone sometimes for weeks at a time. Ive never gotten to know him...........
Jessy wrote: Would anyone like to have a hot seat on this 50 Plus forum?

We could ask for volunteers to start,  by sitting in the hot seat while the rest of us are allowed to ask 3 questions a day.  Easy stuff, like "what is your favorite color".  If the questions get too hard the volunteer, can "pass" and doesn't have to answer anything that makes him/her uncomfortable. 

After one week, we will know that person a little better.....yes?

Then we will get someone else in the hot seat.

What do you say?  Anyone like to volunteer to be in the hot seat?  Let me know and on Sunday I will draw names out of my hat (trust me.... :lol: ) and we will see how it goes next week.

Be brave, it might be fun.....

Jessy x 

Just a little reminder how this thread works.  Please don't think you have to come up with special questions.  Any contribution helps us to get to know someone, so ask away.

The limit to ask is 3.  One member was asking more than 3 questions and that is ok too, even one will be fine and acceptable.  So come on in and have some fun. :D  
gulfshores wrote: My favorite dish to cook is a standard pork loin. itso versatile and depending on your seasoning mix, the flavors can vary greatly. I my stand is to cook it with shallots, yellow potatoes, and carrots. then depending on my mood i have used mediterranean spiced sea salt,a parmesan and garlic mix and then more garlic. Another version will simplify and just go with a chipotle chili pepper alone. with garlic again. Been wanting to try it with a saigon cinnamon just for the heck of it. serve this with a chutney of some sort. Then asparagus with some lemongrass for seasoning. good bottle of wine and you are set. i played all the basic sports growing up but i didnt really get into the competitive side of sports till after the service. i was quite small in high school but thankfully i grew late with some help from the marines, after returning home i played city league baseball, football and basketball for many years. The one person i would have dinner with would be my father as when i was growing up, he would be gone sometimes for weeks at a time. Ive never gotten to know him...........

Great post Gulf.  What time is supper? 
its always nice here..... maybe a few hours notice??
gulfshores wrote: its always nice here..... maybe a few hours notice??

:lol:

1.  Do you have pets Gulf?

2.  How many brothers and sisters in your family?

3.  What is the most dangerous thing you have ever done?