three questions........ two parts. if there was one thing in the world that you could change, what would it be? and why? 2. same question but your country instead of the world and finally........ yourself
three questions........ two parts. if there was one thing in the world that you could change, what would it be? and why? 2. same question but your country instead of the world and finally........ yourself

Okay Gulph....again some questions to make me think....

1.changing the world...lol...No mean feat Gulph.....
maybe instant travel to anywhere...wouldn't that be great....but that's something for the future maybe...
As for now well.... maybe just in general people being kinder to each other. It seems there is forever a great deal of misunderstanding amongst people around the world and someone is always annoyed at someone else...from governments all the way down to the little guy. Suggest we all need to work on our communication skills and really try to listen to each other, exhibit a little patience. Wouldn't that be nice.

2. Changing Oz...tough.
I really love it here. Think we live in a very special place...perhaps we should appreciate it a little more... but what would I change? Maybe,,.can someone turn down the heat a little in summer...laughs...it's damn hot here! lol. Would like a summer that doesn't make me feel like...OMG...I'm dying of heatstroke here!

3. Changing me...OMG..self evaluation...what a challenge. Not sure I'm up to the task really? Truthfully Gulph...I'm pretty happy with me. How conceited...LOL! I am the sum of my experiences here as are we all. Life has not been perfect and has had it's share of challenges but I wouldn't be the person I am without them either. I wouldn't change them...truthfully I have no regrets in that sense. However if I had to change one thing I would like to be more travelled I think. Oz is a long way from anywhere and it is not as easy to travel to other parts of the world as say Europe etc. This would be the one thing I would like to change....I'm a very curious person by nature....am interested in other places and love to explore new ones. Immerse myself in the local culture rather than just visit it. Hope that satisfies as an answer.
Hello Mischievous, i have appreciated reading your replies. You are one special sincere lady. Glad to have met you on here. You are fantastic when you are put on the spot lady. :) cheers Marie
Thanks very much Marie.....I appreciate the comments. Its been fun to be here and I hope it gave everyone a little insight into Mis..... and not too much excitement for the psychotherapists amongst us...Laughs... :mrgreen:
Mischievous, you were wonderful in this hot seat.  I see as I read through that it was a lot of fun for both side.  Thank you for accepting my offer to be in the hot seat...... :D

Blackbird, I am so sorry you felt like it was "prying".  That never crossed my mind when I started this thread, but; perhaps you are right  and maybe that is why a lot of people didn't seem too interested in asking any questions of the participant.  

I always felt it was just "getting to know each other" and I have seen it on other forums and it was always a success.  I am so sorry  :(

Maybe the best thing for me to do is to just leave this thread to die off.  

If anyone would like to continue on with it, please do so, and I will certainly participate.

While I was in the hospital someone cleaned here and dumped the contents of my hat with the names in it, in the garbage.........but I think most of those people are no long with us.

So, whatever will be.......will be fine with me.... :D

Maybe the best thing for me to do is to just leave this thread to die off.

If anyone would like to continue on with it, please do so, and I will certainly participate.

I think it would be a mistake to let it die out, I think it's the most interesting thread on here.

I'm not good at organizing things, or thinking up questions to ask. What I will do, is volunteer to be the next victim while you reconsider whether you want to carry on.
Well, well, well, do I hear a volunteer out there?  

Is that "our Mr Griffith" or would that be "Andy"?

OOooooooooooppppppps, scratch Andy.......Image

It is indeed our Mr Giffith himself, so this little guy tells me anyway.....Image and he's been on that mic for a long time, so he aatta know, (Psssssst, he calls himself Mickey......heck and be darned, he doesn't even look like Mickey, his ears are all wrong, but let's keep the peace around here and let him think what he wants)

So, I take great pleasure in this special moment of 2:33am, (cause I can't sleep) to introduce to you, one of the nicest men I have in my Friend List.  He lives down there in God's Country near my brother and "by hook or by crook" if I can get better enough to visit my brother this summer, I am going to shake the hand of our Mr. Griffith.  He already said I could, so don't go telling me off now..... :mrgreen:

Mr Griffith has a great profile.  I liked it because he hasn't got a phoney bone in his body.  He tells it like it is and he doesn't beat around the bush, so you don't have to be up all night pacing around, scratching your head, and trying to figure out what he means. 

I like a man in suspenders.  In fact, we had a fad, us girls to wear braces/suspenders with our jeans some years ago, and I love to be in style, so I had some beautiful red ones and some navy ones too.  The only trouble is my big fat headlights got in the way and they kept slipping down the sides.......darn, I was mad.

Sooooooo ladies and gentlemen, I take great pleasure in introducing you to a friend of mine and a friend of 50Plus Club, give it up for our Mr. Griffith

I don't know how many questions you will get as people don't like to waste their freebies on questions and I guess we can understand that, but you can count on me.   :D

1.  Have you travelled?  If so, what Countries did you visit?

2.  Were you in the Armed Forces? Military or other paramilitary forces?

3.  How many children do you have Griffith?  Any grandchildren?

Hello Jessie, very pleased to see you back in the business. I did not mean it was wrong Jessie, i just said, that for me asking impertinent questions feels a bit uncomfortable. It is just my own issue with boundaries and nothing to do with this great forum. Please keep it going. I liked it when someone else's pant is on fire. Watch out Griffith. :) cheers Marie
Jessy wrote: 1.  Have you travelled?  If so, what Countries did you visit?

2.  Were you in the Armed Forces? Military or other paramilitary forces?

3.  How many children do you have Griffith?  Any grandchildren?

#1 My travelling has been restricted to Canada and the USA. I never had much desire to see the rest of the world.

#2 I was in the Army Reserves (specifically the Lanark and Renfrew Scottish Regiment, and later the Cameron Highlanders of Ottawa.)

I did try to enlist in the Regular Army, but they caught me cheating on the vision test. The test for the Reserves is less strict; they don't test your eyes, they just count them.

#3 None that I know of. In fact, I've never been married - and yes I realize that That doesn't preclude having children.
There you are Griffith, I've been waiting for you.  Welcome to the "hot seat"..........

I may do double share each day to make up for the ones who can't ask the questions.  We will make it interesting and thank you for being here. :D  

1.  Knowing the area you are from, I am guessing that you have done your share of fishing and hunting.  Am I correct?  Do you like to eat fish? What is your favorite meal? Have you eaten venison?

2.  Have you visited any of the Thousand Islands? Which is your favourite mode of transportation? Plane, car or boat?

3.  What was your first automobile and did you buy it yourself or was it from your parents? 

1. Knowing the area you are from, I am guessing that you have done your share of fishing and hunting. Am I correct? Do you like to eat fish? What is your favorite meal? Have you eaten venison?

2. Have you visited any of the Thousand Islands? Which is your favourite mode of transportation? Plane, car or boat?

3. What was your first automobile and did you buy it yourself or was it from your parents?

#1 Wow. that's s whole bunch of questions. Yes, I've done quite a bit of hunting. and some fishing in my day. Fishing was mostly with my grandfather, though I've gone out occasionally since. I do like to eat fish. These days I mostly get frozen haddock. I have indeed eaten venison, although I prefer moose. In fact, I believe I stil have some venison in the freezer, along wth som bear meatthat my home care worker gave me.

As to my favourite meal, probably Hot and Sour Soup and Singapore Style Noodles.

#2 The Thousand Islands? I probably have at some time, but it's so long ago I don't remember. As to mode of transportation, I'd have to say it's currently by car, although there was a time when it was either canoe or sailboat. I don't believe in airplanes; I think it's all done witn mirrors.

#3 My actual first car was a 1952 Plymouth, which I bought in 1960 for $25.00, It had three different sizes of wheels' no door handle on the passenger side, and I had to park it on a hill to ensure that it would start.

My first reliable car, that I would actually take out of town and expect to get back, was a yellow and white 1956 Pontiac V8, which I bought in 1964 with less than 10.000 miles on the odometer. That one cost me 600.00.
I had just started teaching in a rural school at the time, and I quickly discovered that it was not a good idea for a teacher in a rural school to drive a high visibility carlike that.

m
Sure Jessy, I'm in!   
Great Schnook, go ahead, ask Griffith some questions.  He'll love it.....
Welcome to 50Plus Club. 
ok Griffith, I will go easy on you.

1.  Do you, or did you play a musical instrument?

2.  If you could have dinner with anyone in the world tonight, who would you choose?

3.  Do you believe we will have another world war in the next 25 years?