Tim Hortons soaking of sleeping homeless men 'cruel': advocate Judy Graves
Company has apologized, franchise owner will offer donation after water poured under 2 men

The pouring of water around two homeless men outside a Tim Hortons franchise by someone from the coffee shop was cruel and unnecessary, says a longtime Vancouver advocate for the homeless, who also encourages the company to be careful in how it handles the incident.

Tim Hortons apologizes after water poured on sleeping homeless men "I was horrified ... I didn't want to believe it," said Judy Graves after it was discovered someone with the downtown Robson café poured water under the two men while they were sleeping last Friday morning.

"It's been such a wet week, and everybody who is living outside is soaked right through to the skin ... and really have no way to dry out. To throw cold water into that situation is pretty cruel.

Tim Hortons launched an internal investigation after reports of the incident became widespread on Twitter and Facebook, and called on a boycott of the Robson Street Tim Hortons location.

For more information about the two homeless people on the property of Tim Horton’s click on the link below.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.2950115  

My Comment: I think it is disgusting and cruel how people treat the homeless. If Tim Horton's or any other company do not want vagrants being on their property there is a way to handle the situation for them to move from the property; but not throwing water or any garbages on them to prove a point is very unkind. They are human beings and deserve dignity.  As I was on the internet this morning I read a few comments on yahoo about this incident and sad to say some people are pretty cruel. One guy no names mentioned said "I applaud you for throwing water on them", and then he went on to say "you deserve a raise." I was thinking to myself the only raise Tim Horton's should be doing is a raise out the door and don't let the door hit you in the face on your way out! 
Put up a "No Loitering" sign is one way
The owner of a Tim Horton's chain in Vancouver did the very cruel act of throwing water on two homeless guys taken up space outside their store is very mean spirited. The least he could of done was ask them to leave. What would it hurt if he said "be on your way but before you go here is a coffee on the house." At the end of the night shift, the coffee is thrown out, what would it hurt to give a cup of coffee to warm them up while they leave.

Kindness goes along way! Should people boycott the store? If so, for how long? Do you think a new manager should take his place?

You never know what a person's circumstance is about. Being kind doesn't cost anything, but being cruel to others will cost you.

A good idea Angel!