Short stories tend to be eclipsed by the associated films. This is generally because in an effort to make the film feature length they add alot of depth of detail that just isn't in a short story because by its nature it's short.

On the flip side full length novels are rarely better when transferred to big screen. It's the reverse of the short story transposition; a novel has much more detail, twists and turns and allows the reader's imagination to take over. Often there is simply just not enough time in a movie to capture everything.

I often find my imagination is much better at analysing the detail of the plot and various sub plots than any movie script writer, special effects team or director can achieve.
Sara2101 wrote: Short stories tend to be eclipsed by the associated films. This is generally because in an effort to make the film feature length they add alot of depth of detail that just isn't in a short story because by its nature it's short.

On the flip side full length novels are rarely better when transferred to big screen. It's the reverse of the short story transposition; a novel has much more detail, twists and turns and allows the reader's imagination to take over. Often there is simply just not enough time in a movie to capture everything.

I often find my imagination is much better at analysing the detail of the plot and various sub plots than any movie script writer, special effects team or director can achieve.

Excellent post! Film makers also tend to cut parts of the story out, such as Peter Jackson's Fellowship of the ring omitting Tom Bombadil!
9:33 pm eastern standard time ; multi tasking , watching TV * greys anatomy , web surfing and keeping a eye on the pool re-filling after draining and a good deep cleaning.
9.50am UK time. My first coffee of the day. After four of these all voices will sound like trumpets underwater. Which drink do most prefer, tea or coffee? This chart will give an insight.
Rum
complexicon wrote: 9.50am UK time. My first coffee of the day. After four of these all voices will sound like trumpets underwater. Which drink do most prefer, tea or coffee? This chart will give an insight.

We get a choice of only 2 drinks? :D
Watching an old film now on Talking Pictures tv!
Graham1 wrote: We get a choice of only 2 drinks? :D

Statistically, coffee and tea are the most popular drinks in the world. Coffee is more popular than tea because tea is horrid! :lol:
Rum
DSC00616.JPG
complexicon wrote:
Graham1 wrote: We get a choice of only 2 drinks? :D

Statistically, coffee and tea are the most popular drinks in the world. Coffee is more popular than tea because tea is horrid! :lol:

I agree in that teas most popularly served in the UK are not great but some speciality teas are much better. I bring one back from Germany called Vor Freude which means Joy so I have my regular cup of joy! :lol:
You have to be a registered member to view the files attached to this post.
Graham1 wrote: I agree in that teas most popularly served in the UK are not great but some speciality teas are much better. I bring one back from Germany called Vor Freude which means Joy so I have my regular cup of joy! :lol:

Apparently Kopi Lewak is a delicacy among coffee drinkers, but I wouldn't try it, myself, knowing what it's made from...
I thought he had bypass surgery early this week and was wondering if anyone knows how he is getting on?
bluejane wrote: It is 10:28 PM California time. Unwinding with a glass of red.

It is 16:30 in Germany. The temperatures are over 30 degrees Celsius. A big strawberry ice makes it bearable.

This text was translated by Google :D