I don't think that I'm quite ready for the funny farm yet but perhaps someone out there can confirm my suspicions that 'ordinary' weather is a thing of the past. We don't seem to enjoy settled, temperate periods of unchanging barometric pressure any more.

Almost without fail these days, whenever it rains it is torrential and causes flooding.

'Breezy' days are a thing of the past. Structural damage is predicted on a regular basis.

When the sun eventually decides to shine it is invariably classed as a heat wave.

There no longer appears to be any month that can be guaranteed 'snow free'.

I normally view conspiracy theories with suspicion but unless I'm imagining things, our weather swings wildly from one extreme to another.

Anyone else out there feel the same?
goodthings wrote: I don't think that I'm quite ready for the funny farm yet but perhaps someone out there can confirm my suspicions that 'ordinary' weather is a thing of the past. We don't seem to enjoy settled, temperate periods of unchanging barometric pressure any more.

Almost without fail these days, whenever it rains it is torrential and causes flooding.

'Breezy' days are a thing of the past. Structural damage is predicted on a regular basis.

When the sun eventually decides to shine it is invariably classed as a heat wave.

There no longer appears to be any month that can be guaranteed 'snow free'.

I normally view conspiracy theories with suspicion but unless I'm imagining things, our weather swings wildly from one extreme to another.

Anyone else out there feel the same?

I know the feeling as our weather does seem to be getting more extreme, although I think many of us have a tendency to remember extreme weather conditions more easily.
Does It get vvery "cool" in California?

I guess we are all pretty much the same.  we are all saying we miss having that special someone; but i have to wonder.........