I was on a dating web site a couple of years ago and read a profile of a woman who was leaving the site because some guy took advantage of her. It made me wonder how many guys actually understand what women are looking for in a partner.

So i wrote a poem...

PROFILE OF A WOMAN
LOOKING FOR A MAN

Who are you?

Who am I?

Can you see who I am?

Can you put aside your infatuation,
forget your a man?

I'm a person,
just a person,
do you understand?

Not a goddess,
nor perfect,
nor a pedestal I stand.

If you want to,
get to know me,
then watch how I think.
Listen closely,
there is more to me,
than laces and pink.

I have thoughts,
and opinions,
and dreams,
dreams galore.
They're important,
you must listen,
for there is still so much more.

Can you sit,
and be quiet,
all the while that I talk?
Really hear me,
like a friend does,
when we talk a long walk?

Not be bored,
when I chatter,
as I may sometimes do.
Can you hear me?
Really hear me?
And not be “all about you.?”

Can I be like your buddy,
who you slap on the back?
Or hug me when I'm lonely,
and not be threatened by that?

Can you be open and honest,
like you've never been before?
Can you let me in on your faults,
and not close the doors.?
​​
Can you be such a person?
No, not just at the first,
but for the rest of our lives,
through the good and the worst?

Can you really sustain it?

Can you love me,
“with all that you can?”

If you REALLY can do this,

then you are REALLY a man.
Awesome!
I really liked that Justin..........mind you I never found it....but who knows!!!!
BRILLIANT, PITY MEN WONT TAKE ANY NOTICE!!
I LOVE IT JUSTIN ... THANKS FOR SHARING!!

:D :D
This is all possible in true love , relationship and good friendship.Everybody can try to be nice because what we give is what we get, great poem Justin. :( :)
That is a wonderful poem Justin. It is not hard to understand and I do wish more people would listen to the other while they speak. Let's just hope while the other speaks that it is with integrity. I speak my mind, yes I do, however, depending on situation, I am a very gentle speaker....I do not like yelling, screaming, confrontations if you must.....It is nothing but mere jargon.
Just someone to listen and communicate with is very nice to have and just to be you.
I like your poem,it touches me.i am new here,i like forum,in forum we can share our ideas and sometimes we can help other how to deal with their burden, and vise versa i join different site hoping to find another one,my best friend,my partner,my companion,but i just meet people who played my emotions,and now i have learn my lesson,to be more smart.still im hoping,but if not i should be happy with my children and the simple things that i have
Love this poem

Thanks for sharing
Justinpeelthefirst wrote: I was on a dating web site a couple of years ago and read a profile of a woman who was leaving the site because some guy took advantage of her. It made me wonder how many guys actually understand what women are looking for in a partner.

So i wrote a poem...

PROFILE OF A WOMAN
LOOKING FOR A MAN

Who are you?

Who am I?

Can you see who I am?

Can you put aside your infatuation,
forget your a man?

I'm a person,
just a person,
do you understand?

Not a goddess,
nor perfect,
nor a pedestal I stand.

If you want to,
get to know me,
then watch how I think.
Listen closely,
there is more to me,
than laces and pink.

I have thoughts,
and opinions,
and dreams,
dreams galore.
They're important,
you must listen,
for there is still so much more.

Can you sit,
and be quiet,
all the while that I talk?
Really hear me,
like a friend does,
when we talk a long walk?

Not be bored,
when I chatter,
as I may sometimes do.
Can you hear me?
Really hear me?
And not be “all about you.?”

Can I be like your buddy,
who you slap on the back?
Or hug me when I'm lonely,
and not be threatened by that?

Can you be open and honest,
like you've never been before?
Can you let me in on your faults,
and not close the doors.?
​​
Can you be such a person?
No, not just at the first,
but for the rest of our lives,
through the good and the worst?

Can you really sustain it?

Can you love me,
“with all that you can?”

If you REALLY can do this,

then you are REALLY a man.

Very well writen and that seems to be the common opinion but.... 

That pretty much discribes me (That's from 'my' point of view ! ) but I think women think you're a wosie
when you are like that.This is based mainly from my experience on  the @OF site where I got a very high amount (and totally unexpected) of response, but not from the right kind of lady.In other words,most of these women were not interested in that kind of guy.
well hawkguy... did you ever think you are around the wrong kind of women.... there are a lot that would kill for a man like that...

visit the chat room.. and visit with some of them...
CountryGirl02 wrote: Awesome!

You hit it right on the head Justin and yes I know that you know women. I think you have developed that feeling side of your self. Most men are not able to do that, they remain only thinkers and have difficulty with the feelings that women express. That is not to say that men don't have feelings because they do just as intense as women, they sometimes are not good at identifying or expressing their own feelings very well. I think as women sometimes we need to contain our feelings a little better, nor repress, but be more careful with them, sometimes thinking them through a little more before expressing them. Thats my ten cents for what it's worth.
I do believe that it goes both ways for women and men we all want some to love respect admire cherish care for and understand each other. Many have been burnt in the past and find it hard to open up for fear of being burnt again....so we continue wishing and wondering searching for that someone who will break the wall our past has make us put up .....but I say open the door and venture causiously don't live in the past seek out new horizons but don't forget the past to avoid making the same errors.....No one want to be alone and they should not have to....with world wide communication there surely is someone out there for each one of us.....but lets be realistic. I am not going to move to austraila on a spur of the moment .... have we set our goals so high that no one can stand up to them......Living together is sharing life together the ups and downs....
The poem very well said.. .I truely like it.

There are two side of every coins.. so therefore there are two kinds of men and two kinds of women. There are lots of good ones out there and this site only hold the good ones. Even tho we all have our moments as no one is perfect, if so, then nothing will go wrong and we get what we want as well as life will be so simple that it would be boring?

Do come into chat and discover who we are and what we are all about. No one take anyone for granted as life is that way.

We all have different journey in life, don't lead the same path as everyone we all are born of different life values.
I think its a little sad when I hear what women want and what men want, as we are all individuals who have different needs.
Not all women are the same as not all men are the same so I object to this sexism.