Edinburgh, Scotland. So much to do and see!
Edinburgh-Castle.jpg
You have to be a registered member to view the files attached to this post.
After Edinburgh's Castle let's enjoy the Castle of Neuschwanstein, Germany:
Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada

https://www.newfoundlandlabrador.com/
Name of the favourite place: Bologna, Italy
Why I chose it? What made it so special?:
“La rossa, la grassa e la dotta.”
The city is known for its beauty, great cuisine, and left-wing politics - home to the former Italian communist party and its newspaper, L'Unita.
The best reason to visit Bologna is that you'll feel like you're truly discovering the city, and you're far more likely to hear Italian than English on the streets, you'll often get a cafe to yourself, and other than the area around the central square, Piazza Maggiore, the restaurants and bars all offer good food at reasonable prices rather than being designed to trap tourists. Buon viaggio!

Name of the „dream” place: Cambridge, UK
Why I think it’s worth to see?:
Cambridge is a charming English city located on the River Cam just north of London. As the home to one of the world’s top universities, the University of Cambridge, it has all of the cultural and entertainment options you might expect from a college town. The King’s College Chapel, situated along the River Cam, is considered a fine example of Gothic architecture and is one of the most visited sights in the city.

Name of the favourite place: Torino, Italy
Business and culture – two in one! Sports cars and chocolate are a matter of pride. Worth to see!

Name of the „dream” place: Chester, UK
Not far from the border with Wales, the city of Chester lies on the River Dee. The city is more than 2,000 years old, which means there is plenty of history, culture and architecture on hand spanning several eras. The Roman and medieval walls encircling the city are one of Chester’s biggest tourist attractions.

Name of the favourite place: Copenhagen, Denmark
Some of the landmarks, significant buildings and interesting sights and museums: Tivoli Garden, The Little Mermaid, Amalienborg Palace, The Round Tower, National Museum, Rosenborg Castle, Botanical Garden, Tycho Brahe Planetarium.

Name of the „dream” place: York, UK
York is a walled city with a rich heritage located where the River Foss meets the River Ouse. An impressive number of attractions are packed into the space of this ancient city. One of the city’s landmarks is York Minster. This commanding stone cathedral is filled with remarkable works of art. York is one of the largest pedestrian zones in Europe, which means getting around without transport is not difficult.

Maybe I am biased as I grew up there but Norwich!
A few years ago I showed a club member around after she said she liked 12th century architecture. She took lots of photos and posted a blog:-
http://viera7.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/me ... rwich.html
on Boxing Day 2004 I took a young lady to a cinema in Norwich to see Return of the KIng. Unfortunately, after 4 hours of that, I realised she looked more like Gimli than Arwen. Don't ask me why. I could see it in the water. I could smell it in the air. So I took her home to Fangorn Forest and then fled to Rivendell.
It might not be the medieval fortress it once was, but standing high on its craggy clifftop, Nottingham Castle is certainly a grand sight. While various castles have come and gone from great Castle Rock since the Middle Ages, the current ducal palace was built in 1875 and has remained a heritage attraction and art gallery ever since. Also found on and in Castle Rock are: Trip to Jerusalem (oldest pub in the world) and Mortimer's Hole (a tour of the dungeons and death cells).
Hello,
Thanks a lot cerb for commenting. If you know any other interesting places you visited or planning to visit, -don't hesitate - share with us please. :wink:

Name of the favourite place: Berlin, Germany
Taz was there :D ;) --- just joking.
Firstly visited around '78.

Name of the „dream” place: Edinburgh, UK
Visitors to Edinburgh need to be prepared to experience history, from the cobblestone streets to Edinburgh Castle. The town is steeped in history, beginning with the Old and New Towns, which have more than 4,500 historic buildings and sites between them. Old Town is home to Edinburgh’s most famous street, the Royal Mile that connects Edinburgh Castle with the Palace of Holyroodhouse. New Town isn’t really new, since it dates back to the 18th century and is best known for its neoclassical architecture.

Barkerville, B.C.

Barkerville was the main town of the Cariboo Gold Rush in British Columbia, Canada and is preserved as a historic town. It is located on the north slope of the Cariboo Plateau near the Cariboo Mountains 80 kilometres (50 mi) east of Quesnel. BC Highway 26, which follows the route of the Cariboo Wagon Road, the original access to Barkerville, goes through it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barkerville,_British_Columbia

https://www.hellobc.com/stories/a-visit-to-barkerville-historic-town/?ds_rl=1265163&gclid=Cj0KCQjwnpXmBRDUARIsAEo71tStNMsv8e_ULLVlUHaDWVyQoUj4HKoowU7JPIlabUP5S8WU9aqfE70aAowLEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://www.barkerville.ca/
Honolulu, Hawaii - great beaches, good food, lovely people, great surfing
Name of the favourite place: Dugi Otok, Croatia
The islands have long been known as an oasis of peace for travellers giving them an overwhelming experience of relaxation and spiritual and physical rest. Each island still has its „wild“ side as a true evidence of the constant activities of unstoppable forces of nature - the sea and the wind.

Dugi Otok - The Long Island

Name of the „dream” place: Scottish Highlands, UK
The Scottish Highlands is the rugged northern and northwestern portion of Scotland. The area is very sparsely populated, with many mountain ranges dominating the region, and includes the highest mountain in Britain, Ben Nevis. Among its most popular attractions the Eilean Donan Castle is a real picture postcard castle and Loch Ness one of Scotland’s most famous lakes.

My dream vacation would/might be one with Mrs sippi.
That would be awesome,, she is a true lady....