Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Did you know that this city is the most geographical center of NORTH Americal?

https://marcmytravels.com/27117-2/

Winnipeg, The Centre Of North America. It's the geographic centre of North America. It's affectionately known as 'The Peg', and 'Winterpeg' when the mercury drops and the winds swirl. Located at the junction of the Red and Assiniboine Rivers, Winnipeg is a rapidly growing metropolis with a rich history and culture.
The CP (Canadian Pacific) railroad office is in Winnipeg, also all the service work is done in Winnipeg.
https://www.cpr.ca/en/

Winnipeg Legislative Building has lots of history, there is a golden boy on
top of this build as well
https://www.gov.mb.ca/legislature/visiting/tour.html

There are some unique fact about this building and how it was built.
https://www.gov.mb.ca/legislature/visiting/tour.html

https://www.assiniboineparkzoo.ca/

Another favourite of mine is The Bodensee (Lake Constance) which forms part of the border between southern Germany on the north shore and Austria and Switzerland on the south shore. There are many interesting places to visit around the lake including Lindau Island (in the attached photo) which includes the old town of Lindau linked to the mainland by 2 bridges. It is a lovely walk around the island with lots of shops, bars and restaurants. A convent was founded here in 800AD and St Peters Church which is over 1000 years old was transformed into a Veterans Chapel in 1928 in which the entire inside walls were painted by Hans Holbein the Elder. There is a harbour where ships regularly sail around the lake and to Austria and Switzerland. Other places to visit around the lake include the Zeppelin Museum in Friedrichshafen, Mainau (the Island of Flowers), the lovely town of Meersburg and the Rhine Falls at Schaffhausen, Switzerland.
You have to be a registered member to view the files attached to this post.
The most relaxing August bank holiday weekend possible can be spent moored at the Horning Ferry Inn, Norfolk. Collected our cruiser at Wroxham then way down stream we found Heaven at Horning.

Horning and the Broads are local to me and have been there many times! We recently hired a day boat from Wroxham, sailed to Horning for lunch and back in the afternoon! Is a lovely stretch of the River Bure.
We've had some great boating holidays on the Broads: Wroxham, Ludham Bridge, Potter Heigham, Beccles, Oulton, Burgh Castle., who needs foreign holidays when there's so much beauty at home?
cerberus97 wrote: We've had some great boating holidays on the Broads: Wroxham, Ludham Bridge, Potter Heigham, Beccles, Oulton, Burgh Castle., who needs foreign holidays when there's so much beauty at home?

Beauty abroad will give you an idea how the other country live, their culture and terrains, some are not interested in that and some are, I have always been curious about other cultures. But now in this country we get different culture but no history behind it. Buildings can give you lots of stories (history), different countries has different buildings that can tell you stories if you got the eyes for it.

There's lots of beauty in this country too, a country with so many different terrains. So far and wide and it can tell you stories too. I can take the dogs for their morning walk and see the beauty of our Majestic Mountains which is snow capped right now.
I've holidayed abroad with my family extensively, Daisy nut you know how the saying goes "There's no place like home"
cerberus97 wrote: I've holidayed abroad with my family extensively, Daisy nut you know how the saying goes "There's no place like home"

LOL yup that what Dorothy Gale Said :)
Banff/Jasper National Park

This is a wonderful drive through the rugged mountains. You will see the 3 receding Glaciers, Crowfoot, Columbia Ice Field and the Athabasca Glacier. The water from the Melting Glacier from the Columbia Ice Field and the Athabasca Glacier form the Athabasca river. The Athabasca Falls is on this scenic route too.

Crowfoot Glacier

Athabasca Glacier

Columbia Ice Field.

Athabasca Fall, I just love the way the layers of rocks at this fall.
Name of the favourite place: Koh Samui, Thailand
What made it so special?:
Samui has a lot of places to visit, leisure activities to practice, delectable foods to sample, and much more to experience. Over 15 beaches of all shapes and sizes Great island-hopping opportunities to Ang Thong Park, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao Plenty of leisure and sporting activities at hand.

Name of the „dream” place: Iceland
Why I think it’s worth to see?:
Majestic waterfalls, the warm waters of the Blue Lagoon, Northern Lights, volcano tours and whale watching excursions are just some of the fascinating attractions waiting for me in Iceland. Between late September and late March, it is dark from early afternoon until late morning. This is the best time to see the northern lights. Real Arctic type of adventure :D
Name of the favourite place: Saltaire, West Yorkshire, UK
Why I chose it? What made it so special?:
Saltaire is a perfectly preserved Victorian village close to Bradford on the banks of the River Aire and the Leeds-Liverpool Canal. Originated as an answer to Bradford's 'dark satanic mills', it was the brain-child of industrialist Sir Titus Salt, who in the early 19th-century strove to provide his mill workers with attractive dwelling places surrounded by eye-catching buildings with a strong Italianate flavour. He was a firm believer that beauty could be combined with industry. Thus, he crowned his mill with a chimney disguised as an Italianate bell tower!

Today, visitors to Saltaire can see Salt's mill in all its glory, it is transformed into an important art gallery. Other village buildings in Saltaire have been restored to provide places for relaxation, such as pubs, restaurants. This may not have pleased the great industrialist, for during his life he preached against the wickedness of alcohol.

Visitors arriving to the village are able to enjoy some close-by famous beauty spots. By taking a trip on the late 19th-century funicular (1895), we can reach picturesque Shipley Glen. To the north lie the magnificent Yorkshire Dales with their fascinating dry stonewalls, and en-route there are some splendid "wool" villages just waiting to be discovered.

Name of the „dream” place: Pisa, Tuscany, Italy
Pisa is best known for the world famous Leaning Tower, in fact, it’s probably one of the most recognizable structures anywhere but Pisa is absolutely more than that. This beautiful Tuscan city has also other architectural and artistic marvels. What many people don’t realize is that the Leaning Tower is actually only part of a larger complex that includes three other beautiful and interesting sights. Set in the park-like Campo dei Miracoli (Field of Miracles), the Torre Pendente is the freestanding bell tower for the city’s cathedral, known as the Duomo. Construction on the spectacular white and gray marble Duomo was begun in 1064, over a century before the tower was even started. Unfortunately, due to poor foundations, the infamous tower began leaning to the side within five years of construction. Engineers tried to compensate for the tilt by building the upper levels with one side taller than the other. Because of this, the tower is actually slightly curved.
Fairmont Hot Springs, British Columbia, Canada

Fairmont Hot Springs is an unincorporated resort community located in south-eastern British Columbia, Canada commonly referred to as Fairmont. The community has a population of 476, but receives frequent tourists from Calgary.
The local Fairmont Hot Springs Resort is centered around a soak pool and swimming pool fed by natural mineral hot springs, billing them as "Canada's largest natural mineral hot springs". The original springs building, surrounded by hot spring water seeping out of the ground, still stands.

The community contains three golf courses: Mountainside and Riverside are 18-hole courses, while Creekside is a family-oriented 9-hole par 3. In the winter, the area is also home to a small downhill ski area, with three lifts (one double chair and two surface lifts), 13 runs and a tube park, as well as numerous cross-country trails. Fairmont Hot Springs Resort and all three golf courses were purchased by Ontario-based Ken Fowler Enterprises (KFE) in 2006 and 2007.

Fairmont Hot Springs has a strip mall including Mountainside Market, Rockies Pizzeria, Fairmont Village Gift Shop, and a Greek restaurant: Tony's Greek Grill and Juice Bar. Fairmont Hot Springs is home to the Dutch Creek Hoodoos, which are sandstone cliffs (hoodoos) with hiking trails located next to Dutch Creek, a source of the Columbia River and formally a salmon breeding stream.

Fairmont provides the only road access to Columbia Lake Provincial Park, five kilometers south.

https://www.fairmonthotsprings.com/hot-springs/
MrsIppi wrote: Name of the favourite place: Saltaire, West Yorkshire, UK
Saltaire is a perfectly preserved Victorian village close to Bradford on the banks of the River Aire and the Leeds-Liverpool Canal. Originated as an answer to Bradford's 'dark satanic mills', it was the brain-child of industrialist Sir Titus Salt, who in the early 19th-century strove to provide his mill workers with attractive dwelling places surrounded by eye-catching buildings with a strong Italianate flavour. He was a firm believer that beauty could be combined with industry. Thus, he crowned his mill with a chimney disguised as an Italianate bell tower!

Today, visitors to Saltaire can see Salt's mill in all its glory, it is transformed into an important art gallery. Other village buildings in Saltaire have been restored to provide places for relaxation, such as pubs, restaurants. This may not have pleased the great industrialist, for during his life he preached against the wickedness of alcohol.

Visitors arriving to the village are able to enjoy some close-by famous beauty spots. By taking a trip on the late 19th-century funicular (1895), we can reach picturesque Shipley Glen. To the north lie the magnificent Yorkshire Dales with their fascinating dry stonewalls, and en-route there are some splendid "wool" villages just waiting to be discovered.

Name of the „dream” place: Pisa, Tuscany, Italy
Pisa is best known for the world famous Leaning Tower, in fact, it’s probably one of the most recognizable structures anywhere but Pisa is absolutely more than that. This beautiful Tuscan city has also other architectural and artistic marvels. What many people don’t realize is that the Leaning Tower is actually only part of a larger complex that includes three other beautiful and interesting sights. Set in the park-like Campo dei Miracoli (Field of Miracles), the Torre Pendente is the freestanding bell tower for the city’s cathedral, known as the Duomo. Construction on the spectacular white and gray marble Duomo was begun in 1064, over a century before the tower was even started. Unfortunately, due to poor foundations, the infamous tower began leaning to the side within five years of construction. Engineers tried to compensate for the tilt by building the upper levels with one side taller than the other. Because of this, the tower is actually slightly curved.

I can remember how amaze I was at the leaning Tower of Pisa.
[size=150]Mount Everest Expedition Trail
Canadian Mount Everest Expedition Trail - Hiking Alberta
I have been on this hike several times.

The Canadian Mount Everest Expedition Trail is a short, easy, interesting loop in Kananaskis Country, Alberta.

The Canadian Mount Everest Expedition Interpretive Trail, on a high, rocky point between Lower and Upper Kananaskis Lakes in Kananaskis Country, is a short, well constructed trail built to commemorate the expedition which put the first Canadian on the summit of Mount Everest in October of 1982.
The interpretive component of this short, 2.4 KM (1½ mile) trail, with an elevation gain of 122 m (400 ft), has little to do with the 1982 Everest Expedition but provides brief explanations for the formation of continents and mountains plus summary highlights of human habitation and development in the Kananaskis area. A few photos of interpretive plaques, encountered on the path, have been included to set expectations.
Near the beginning of the excellent quality trail, elevation gain is gentle and periodically an interpretive sign offers up information about how the mountains were formed. There are benches, placed intermittently, for those whose might enjoy a breather before continuing.
The trail is well constructed and maintained. As elevation gain begins to increase, switchbacks and stairs on steep components are formed up with sturdy log barriers and steps. Interpretive signs provide overview information about human occupation and development in the Kananaskis region.
The final short distance to the viewing platform is on rustic rocky trail. Vistas from the viewing platform over the lakes is breathtaking but beginning to be compromised by tall trees. Like the viewpoint on the Kananaskis Trail over to Nakiska, the experience would benefit from some simple landscaping and pruning, periodically. Such is the nature of viewpoints, and healthy, growing trees.

Interpretive plaques, at and near the viewpoint, provide interesting and historical information about magnificent, surrounding mountains with spectacular waterfalls plummeting from glaciers, and giant fields of snow, into white water above the still surface of the lake.

Lower Kananaskis Lake from the top of the viewpoint on the Canadian Everest Expedition Interpretive Trail in Kananaskis Country, Alberta, Canada.

The best views over Upper Kananaskis Lake occur in open areas on the retreat from the viewpoint as the trail makes a more gentle descent via a loop back to the main trail.

This short and beautiful trail, primarily through aromatic forest, is worthy of consideration as a short project for a morning or afternoon. Some of the tall risers on log stair steps may be challenging for very young, short legs or for the elderly.

This trail has been enjoyed as a conclusion to hiking around the circumference of Upper Kananaskis Lake.
[/size]
Name of the favourite place: Graz, Austria

No other city offers so much variety within such a small area: futuristic architecture right next to medieval houses set in a maze of ancient alleyways and squares. These sights are „must-sees“: Schlossberg (you can reach by elevator), Cathedral, Mousoleum, Landeszeughaus armoury, Glockenspiel. Take the Tram Number 1 in order to reach the stunning Eggenberg Castle with museums and parks.

Name of the „dream” place: Basel, Switzerland
Saw an advertisement about the cheep flights and the retour ticket is now under 100 EUR. Seriously!
Basel is located at the bend in the Rhine, close to the French and German borders, which has contributed to its growth as a key trade and transport hub.

Today, it's a global centre for the pharmaceutical industry – titans Roche and Novartis are both headquartered here. But that's of little interest to the many thousands of art and architecture lovers who visit each year for the world-famous ART Basel festival and the city's wealth of galleries, museums and iconic buildings. I’m ready to discover Basel's old town, which features picturesque corners, prominent historic landmarks and also contemporary attractions such as modern buildings designed by well-known architects.