I ride - '97 Sporty 883, lowered a few inches.

-DF
Do I ride??? Is the Pope Catholic???? Did you even see my profile picture??? Retired GM of the nr1 HD dealership in New England... Started riding when I was a 15 YO.. Whizzer Motor Bike... Graduated to Harley Springer... Have ridden most everything that HD has and most of the other bike companies... (Trade ins)... As said previously... Nothing like the wind in your hair... What is so special about riding a bike??? If I have to explain it to you, you still would not understand.....
Oh my gosh, so there are "riders" still on this site. Cool!!

I been riding since i was 16, ddave...so nope, you don't need to "splain nothin' to me.

stardaisy wrote: Don't give up that easy, someone will turn up unexpectedly :)

Up here, those two wheelers are stored for the winter, to cold to be riding them.

Are you kidding me, stardaisy. Do i look or "act" like someone that gives up easy? I think not. lol A real MC rider rides no matter the weather. Well ice might be a problem. ;) I've ridden in below zero temps.
I have ridden myself, but spent most years as a passenger when my husband was still alive. I am in a really small town now, here we use quads as a main mode of transportation, I love it, doesn't matter what the roads are like and my big dog loves to come along for the run!
scorpio1943 wrote:
stardaisy wrote: Don't give up that easy, someone will turn up unexpectedly :)

Up here, those two wheelers are stored for the winter, to cold to be riding them.

Are you kidding me, stardaisy. Do i look or "act" like someone that gives up easy? I think not. lol A real MC rider rides no matter the weather. Well ice might be a problem. ;) I've ridden in below zero temps.

lol try riding in -20 and going 50 kmh, opps you don't do km... ok try 80 mph as that is about 50 kmh and - 20 C so that would make it about 3 below zero for you and worst if there is a wind chill factor when it is at -32 and that would make it about below 20 F for you. you will have one frozen legs or body or even toes (don't want frost bites) and the snow well, watch out as you can really slide with those two wheelers if you can really have fender benders with four wheels. Thus is why the real MC rider make sure their baby is safe in a garage or storage somewhere. This is Canada!! The land of Ice and Snow in most places, worst down east as they get the worst snow dump from our Chinooks.

I can only imagine what it is like as going horse back riding is lovely too, feeling the wind going through your hair and you don't have to wear a helmet either. The feel of the horse trotting or galloping is another excitement.

Enjoy your ride and posting!
Getting back to this thread this morning, even though it isn't a very busy one.

Cool bike you've got there DF! But then i LOVE'EM all!! :D I haven't looked at your profile so i don't know if you have a pic posted of it or not. Will have to take a look i guess... :)

I've never ridden a quad, my_time50, but they look like a lot of fun. They're all over Havasu, along with the side x sides! :D

Horseback riding i'm familiar with, stardaisy, and yes it is great fun along with being great exercise. :D The whole family rode motorcycles and horses a lot when the kids (2) were growing up. I just always preferred Motorcycles over Horseback riding. My Son chose motorcycles and my Daughter chose horses. We all have our favorite things, and mine is Motorcycles and Walking...well just to name two. :wink:

Hope you ALL...

Always loved motorcycles brought my first one before I even knew how to ride  :D

In all I have owned 25, mostly Japanese but in the last couple of years changed to Moto Guzzi  an italian motorcycle which I love.

Motorcycling is a great passion a great stress relief, always ride when I have the time.
"Always loved motorcycles brought my first one before I even knew how to ride :D

In all I have owned 25, mostly Japanese but in the last couple of years changed to Moto Guzzi an italian motorcycle which I love.

Motorcycling is a great passion a great stress relief, always ride when I have the time.

Hi mikebr.

Ya got that right, nuthin like it...blows all that stress right outta... everywhere. I love'em all, no matter the brand. :D