I dislike false fronts with a passion. With me, it's gotta be straight forward, right up front. :)
shellsmack wrote: I dislike false fronts with a passion. With me, it's gotta be straight forward, right up front. :)

To add: I can see right through it anyways. I'm an Empath and can read you like a book!
As has been said already, we all need to know we can trust our partner, and friends, we give trust and expect it back as we have given it, but trust is a fragile thing and once the cracks appear they are so, so hard to mend, no matter how much you try. The hardest part is when the love was still there but the trust had gone and the relationship slowly and painfully slipped away, this is perhaps what makes it so hard to start again. But hey, life is short, sometimes we have to pick ourselves up, brush ourselves down and have another go but perhaps cherishing honesty and recognising how important it really is to us all right from the start is not that bad a thing? Having lived with a compulsive liar for far too long I can't understand why I still didn't want it to end and kept 'forgiving' and hoping he would change, all I did was prolong the inevitable so yes, me too... I am just looking for honesty!
I just dated a man for 10 mths. His e harmony profile said that honesty was the most important thing in a relationship. After mths of I love yous, exclusivity, daily calls, and week long visits whenever possible (he lived out of town), he literally dumped me with no warning and or explanation. I was devastated to say the least. All that happened was a discussion around ``we,`` initiated by me. He implied how dare I even go there....I was floored. I did not see it coming. I guess love is blind...I should have known something was up when he always came here instead of having me on his turf form time to time. He played the game really well. He was obviously not who I thought he was..... certainly, anything but honest as his profile said.
Im sorry to hear he let you down Evolving 10 months is a long time to be with someone , your an attractive woman & in time you will find someone even better im sure of it , hes the looser not you , not all men are like him & honesty is the best policy ......
Lizzy53 wrote: As has been said already, we all need to know we can trust our partner, and friends, we give trust and expect it back as we have given it, but trust is a fragile thing and once the cracks appear they are so, so hard to mend, no matter how much you try. The hardest part is when the love was still there but the trust had gone and the relationship slowly and painfully slipped away, this is perhaps what makes it so hard to start again. But hey, life is short, sometimes we have to pick ourselves up, brush ourselves down and have another go but perhaps cherishing honesty and recognising how important it really is to us all right from the start is not that bad a thing? Having lived with a compulsive liar for far too long I can't understand why I still didn't want it to end and kept 'forgiving' and hoping he would change, all I did was prolong the inevitable so yes, me too... I am just looking for honesty!

:cry: I know exactly what Lizzy53 is talking about. I too am not long out of a 7 year relationship with a compulsive liar. I partly blame myself for constantly forgiving him. I'm mad at myself now for allowing him to waste so many precious years of my later life, I mean thats not too bad in your twenties, but in your fifties, a different story. Anyway thats why I feel honesty is very important in a friendship.
Unfortunately I think these sites are full of "players" men of a certain age who think they are better looking than they really are,who think some younger woman will be really interested in them if they don't have money! Or they try to flatter there way into your bed,especially if you have money! So ladies beware
honesty is what we want,but there's not a lot of it about,i'm afraid :roll:
Optimisticlady wrote: Unfortunately I think these sites are full of "players" men of a certain age who think they are better looking than they really are,who think some younger woman will be really interested in them if they don't have money! Or they try to flatter there way into your bed,especially if you have money! So ladies beware
honesty is what we want,but there's not a lot of it about,i'm afraid :roll:

Having been on other similar sites I agree with Optimisticlady. It's not what they say, it's what they do. Don't be deluded. On the other hand, I have made quite a few really good friends that I will always treasure. Just trust your instincts - if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.