I think a lot of us have been "let down" by a partner, leaving us as Chokko feels. My confidence was at a low ebb and it took me a long time to piick myself up.. Instead of looking for someone to love me I did things I was interested in - mainly dancing - but it took a lot of courage to do them on my own. Now that I am a happier person I have the confidence to look for love again and think I am more interesting to those who meet me.
Thank you Fullofhumour. It takes  a lot of time to heal.  Afterward people become more strong, but I think they were already strong for living in a bad relationship. :roll:  It takes also time to be ready to meet other people.  One day, the smile is there again ... and it is so wonderful to smile again...  
Chokko wrote: Thank you Fullofhumour. It takes  a lot of time to heal.  Afterward people become more strong, but I think they were already strong for living in a bad relationship. :roll:  It takes also time to be ready to meet other people.  One day, the smile is there again ... and it is so wonderful to smile again...  
 if you find a little time today, go to the mirror and take a good long look, and give yourself that smile, you are a lovely person inside and out, your personality shines, thats why so many people like you. so give it a go , smile all day no matter what. because when I think of you today I will smile, because you have made laugh and smile many times your fun to know,  :D x
Thank you so much Morton.  You are a very great person to know.   :) :) :)
I to was in a very bad marriage, and it took me 19 years to get out of it....was I better person after....yes I think I was, I pat myself on my back now with some of the things I can do, I pat myself on my back to think that I can survive and I quite often say now that all I need a man for is to open the stupid milk cartons lol....but i do miss the companionship of a man... I still think that there is someone out there that will treat me how I think a woman should be treated, but there again perhaps I am wrong
Thank you Loisand. Yes, I am sure we become better person, but I think we were already good person.  We think we are better after, but the truth is that we find back who we really are and was... we were good,  the good was hide somewhere...  inside.   Bad relationship most of the time make us feel bad, and we hate it, and hate ourselves for feel the bad inside of us,  but in fact we were always a good person, one person make us believe we were not good.  Good men (and women) exist somewhere for all of us.   :)
I think you can liken a relationship to an old shoe, you just get comfortable with whatever kind of relationship you are in, even if in some cases it may be a bad one.   It's also tough moving on, it takes so much energy too.  I also think that by moving on, some people are afraid of feeling the hurt of moving on, so...they prefer to stay put in the relationship they are presently in even if it is not serving them well.
Thank you Emily.  I agree with you.   :)
Wonderful comments on an important issue. Use the hurt, fear and anger as energy to forge ahead and above all the reasons one stays. If one lives in an abusive situation, you already know you are tough enough - just believe in yourself.
Thank you 100dkn for your reply. So true! :)
Lot's of books have been written about love etc. When you are younger you have this idea in your head that love will just happen! As we all know this is rare! and of course we make mistakes, marry a person who we think we love, have children.

Women have often said to me! you must have been in love with your wife to have children. Its does not take science to have sex/love! its a want and need and a attachment of man/women,wanting to be with each other in that period of time.

Love if it does exist's.

No person on this Earth is perfect, we meet some great people (very few) that we connect with and feel a great attraction towards them! as we know it has to work both ways?
Thank you Somethingreal. So true... :)